Electric scooters are fun to ride. You can blow off some steam on the weekend and explore your city. Or you can use them for your daily commute.
There are many convenient and affordable options when selecting the right electric scooter for you. The challenge lies in picking the most suitable for your needs.
We’ve put down this guide to help you pick the best quality electric scooters for daily transportation. Specifically, we delve deep into scooters that have big wheels. Electric scooters with big wheels will help you cover almost any terrain smoothly.
First things first: When seeking a scooter of any kind, it’s important to prioritize aspects that matter most to you. For most people, the most important factors are cost, practicality, cost of maintenance, performance and daily needs.
In this guide, we focus on key features such as wheel size, speed, power, and weight.
Without further ado, here are our top picks:
1) The EW–08 2-seater Fat Tire Electric Scooter
The E-Wheels Fat Tire Electric Scooter (EW-08) from Electric Wheels LLC (eWheels) is not only meant to help you cruise around the neighborhood with ease but also allows you to have fun. It’s easy to ride around, and powerful enough to handle just about any terrain it is subjected to.
The EW-08 makes use of a powerful motor that handles speeds of up to 20 mph. In a single charge, this fantastic scooter will help you travel for an average of 50 miles.
Perhaps the most exciting aspect of the EW-08 is that it’s a two-seater scooter, allowing you to tag a passenger along. It’s also fitted with an electric headlight and a Bluetooth speaker to spice up your ride with more fun.
This scooter has a pair of relatively huge tires. They measure 8.5’’, giving it a bold look. For this size, this electric scooter is sturdy, firm and easy to maneuver around corners. Quite a good choice for any urban environment.
Other features :
Power : Electric 60V
Watts : 8000 watt
Weight : 128 lbs (58kgs)
Braking : Hydraulic Disk brakes system
- A combination of powerful hydraulic brakes with fat, wide tires gives it more stability, especially cornering.
- Efficient smooth start using the Throttle and Go system allows swift acceleration to high speeds.
- The 3-turn ignition key system turns on the entire scooter, switches, and headlights. There is also an inbuilt alarm system
- Goes a long-range on a single charge: About 50 miles.
- Two-seater padded seats are able to carry up to 350lbs of weight.
- Slim, elegant and stylish
- Comes with an 18-month warranty worth nearly $500
- It’s quite a heavy scooter weighing 128lbs, making corner maneuvering a challenge.
- Not good for beginners
Final word : The EW-08 scooter is a nice machine for fun lovers looking for a machine that has enough power to satiate their adventurous streak. It is made to withstand a great deal of tension both from the road friction and the weight of the load.
Buy from Discount Mobility: https://www.discountmobilityonline.com/eWheels-EW-08-Fat-Tire-Electric-Scooter-p/112-ew-08.htm
2) Phatty Electric Scooter
Let’s shift focus to a daring scooter that comes with modernized features – the Phatty Electric scooter from Phat Scooters. It rides on large wheels measuring 18” x 9.5.” Well, these are not the largest tires for an electric scooter like this, but they are undoubtedly bigger than usual.
The Phatty Electric scooter is a game-changer in several aspects. First, you can ride the Phatty sitting or standing. It’s all about what you find thrilling, comfortable and fun. It is well-tuned for individuals with a relatively huge frame. With a set of hydraulic shocks fitted on the front, it is able to absorb a large amount of pressure.
The Phatty is set for a top speed of 20mph. On a single charge, this town cruiser will ride 30 to 50 miles. It takes between 4-6 hours to get a full charge. As far as its electric performance is concerned, the Phatty is set to do up to 1500 charge cycles, which is quite an admirable period of service for this scooter.
The Phatty comes with three drive modes which allow speeds of 8mph (Beach Mode), 13mph (Golf Mode) and 20mph ( Bike Mode). The seat is well padded for comfort. The LED headlight makes it easy to ride through nightfall. It also acts as a daylight running safety light.
Weight : 165 lbs
Battery : 72 V, 12 Ah lithium-ion battery pack,
Watts : 1,200W
Ground clearance : 6”
- Lots of modern technology on the scooter. Compact technology facilitates less conduction of heat when the battery is working. The battery pouch is also coated for extra safety
- Long life battery allowing making it economical to maintain in the long run
- All electronics are neatly tucked away for rider safety and protection from any damage.
- Comfortable, premium seat that is well padded.
- High wattage electric motor placed inside the wheel hub for better power discharge.
- There is an option for customization and add-ons for a more personal touch on the bike
- Great overall engineering
- Requires precise riding skills
- Fat tires consume more energy, hence frequent charging.
Final word: The Phatty scooter is a good pick for a person out to get things done faster. It has lots of modern tech that makes it warrant attention anytime, anywhere. Phat Scooters are made with huge guys in mind and therefore the chassis and all other parts work harmoniously to handle the tension.
3) MotoTec KnockOut 1000w Electric
You fall in love instantly with the MotoTec KnockOut 1000w electric scooter, right from the moment you lay your eyes on it. It’s smooth and built for performance, giving you a feeling of flawless riding. It’s significantly large, standing out as a sportier machine with the ability to take you anywhere.
The MotoTech 1000w hits a top speed of 20mph and runs for no less than 20 miles on a single charge. It will take between 4-8 hours to rise to full charge.
It is also made to ferry a considerably weighty person, handling about 450 pounds of carrying capacity. This is made possible by the presence of extra huge tires measuring 18” x 9.5”
This electric scooter also comes with front and rear LED lights, making it easily visible to other road users.
Battery: 48 Battery System( Four SLA batteries with 12v/12ah)
Ground Clearance: 4.2”
Weight : 170lbs(77kgs)
Seat: Padded long seat with back support
Ignition: Key ignition
- Twist throttle drive system allows you to control how you kick off your ride
- Tilt adjustable handlebars ensure your handling is within the most comfortable conditions
- Front and rear shocks to enhance bumpy surface and overall bike handling
- Bright LED headlight for smooth nightfall travel
- Wide 51” gives this scooter a better balance on the road.
- Takes some time to pick to full speed
- Limited by legal road compliance in some jurisdiction
The MotoTec 100W is a friendly scooter that is greatly enhanced by the two-seater feature which gives it an edge among competitors. It also ranks high among scooters that can handle the pressure of rough terrain and weight without any hassle.
4) Renegade 1000w Powerboard 48v Electric Scooter
This is no doubt one of the well-muscled scooters on this list. Its big wheels make it look sharp and sleek. It’s a scooter meant to give you a smooth ride while ensuring that your journey around the neighborhood is equally enjoyable.
The Renegade 1000w is equipped with a single seat. With this seat and 1000w of power, you don’t have to worry about how much human weight is placed upon it. Its ability to perform is further asserted by an option of 10” or 12” knobby wheels.
Battery : 36V 12A Lead Acid Battery
Charge time : 6-8 hours
Power range on a single charge : 18 miles( 30km)
Brakes System : Front and Rear Disc brakes
- Folding handlebars for easy adjustment and comfortable riding
- Detachable seat
- Long range on a single electric charge: 21 miles/35km
- Comfortable and well aligned kickstand
- Good off-road handling
- The deck is wooden, helping keep the weight balanced.
- Needs great caution to handle. Younger users should be under supervision and away from public roads
- Wooden deck requires greater attention and more careful handling
This scooter is suitable for anyone whose adrenaline rushes at the thought of getting outdoors. It allows you to explore new locations with a smooth ride all along. Better still, it shouldn’t be left to novice riders. Renegade has too much power inside and needs a careful handler.
Buy on Amazon:
5) NANROBOT X4 Adult Commuting Folding Lightweight Electric Scooter-8
In a relatively flooded market, it’s not always easy to settle on something that gives you great performance at an affordable price. Most machines that combine performance and admirable engineering standards come at a premium.
The Nanrobot X4 electric scooter offers the best of both worlds. It feels youthful and exciting while retaining a serious approach to performance on the road.
Weighing around 33lbs(15kgs), the Nanrobot is a machine that well-built riders will enjoy riding. It is solid in shape and form and built to take up rough terrains effortlessly. It takes loads of up to 260lbs.
This scooter will comfortably drive for up to 25 miles on a single charge. This is enough power for a trip to and from campus or a ride around the neighborhood. You can as well make it your preferred mode of transportation to work. Power is provided by a 1000w drive motor and allows you to maintain speeds between 22-25mph.
48V 18AH lithium battery
Two motors providing 2000 watts power
LCD data display
Fat/wide 10” pneumatic tires
- The 48v 18Ah lithium battery takes 6-10 hours to get fully charged. This is enough to last you 25 miles depending on usage.
- Easy Foldable Design: One of the most exciting features of the Nanrobot. It allows for easy storage and portability.
- USB port: Entertainment of choice as you commute aboard this machine. You can also use this to charge your phone while on the move.
- 8”-10” front and rear tires options. This allows proper grip on the road for braking, cornering, and rough surface. The wheels are fitted with front and rear disc brakes, adding extra safety to your rides.
- A bright headlight for night mode travel. This is further supplemented with two rows of LED light strips, adding a cool feeling at night while guaranteeing visibility.
- Anti-theft power lock enhances your scooter’s security, helping to keep off intruders.
- Ergonomic design: Allows you to maximize all the assets on the machine with relatively low effort. All buttons and other functions are within appropriate hand distance when riding.
- Ability to climb hills that are not too steep.
- Wheels cannot be inflated. This poses a challenge if you get a puncture.
- Considerably heavy to carry around for long distances.
The Nanrobot is a machine that is unafraid of tough terrain and demanding loads. The steel chassis is durable and the scooter is built both for high performance for adventure seekers, smooth ride for daily commuters and recreation for hobbyists.
6) Xiaomi Mi Electric Scooter
The Xiaomi Mi Electric scooter is a revolutionary product from the Chinese tech giant. The company is known for engineering great products at an affordable price, which is evident from their market share in the smartphone market.
This electric scooter is the work of creative engineers experimenting with a minimalistic approach. The wheels measure 8.5”, and ride at a maximum speed of 15.5 mph. The estimated mile range on a single charge is 18.6 miles.
But the scooter is keen on eliminating unnecessary additions. This approach gives it a considerably appropriate weight for both long and short-distance travel. It tilts the weight scale at 31.3lbs. This design won the scooter 2017 Red Dot “Best of the Best” Award and iF Design Award in the same year.
Another admirable aspect of this ewheel is a large display, which is best-in-class in this electric scooter segment. It has many functions such as switching the headlight on and off, choosing a speed mode and even turning the scooter on or off. It’s sleek and adds style to the scooter’s look.
4 LED notification lights.
Digital lock operated on an app allowing the alarm to set off
A 250W motor.
High capacity battery
- Affordable: Despite high ranking specifications and great reviews, this e-scooter has remained affordable.
- Sleek, sturdy and stylish design: It is easy to see why the Xiaomi Mi electric scooter is award-winning.
- Front LED lights to enhance night travel and rear LED light to ensure visibility
- Easy and quickly responsive braking system. The bike uses disc braking and eABS regenerative anti-lock braking system. Regenerative braking is essential for saving battery power. It also activates the red tail light to alert other road users behind you.
- Exquisite dashboard design with a refreshing display and intuitive controls. Everything is easy to learn and use. Buttons are placed visibly for easier access and swift action.
- Bluetooth and Smartphone App: Although a number of scooter makers have added smart tech applications to their machines, it’s still not very popular. This scooter makes use of a smartphone app that can be downloaded from the App store. It is easy to install and connect to the device. The app feeds you with information on battery power, speed and distance covered.
- Offers uncomfortable rides in uneven roads
- The braking system is quite uncomfortable on steeper hills.
Xiaomi is a company that is not afraid of testing new technologies and challenging existing business approaches. Their Mi electric scooter is simplified and tailored specifically for easy transportation. It makes a good choice for quick rides in the neighborhood and its sleek look resonates well with young riders.
7) UberScoot 1600W Electric Scooter
It’s not easy to pick an all-terrain scooter that brings a combination of graceful performance and easy handling.
When we came across the UberScoot 1000W Elite electric scooter, we were convinced it was in a league of its own. Turns out it had even more to offer in terms of features and functions.
The Uberscoot 1000W by Evo Powerboards is one of a kind. It takes advantage of advanced engineering practices and premium components to give users smooth and comfortable rides.
Power comes from a 1600 watt motor. It rides comparatively wide knobby wheels measuring 11-inches. At an average speed of 20mph, the UberScoot will drive you for a 12-mile range. You may activate the “Economy Mode” to ensure that a single ride takes you for longer distances.
The scooter measures about 44” in length and 42” in height. This is great for portability. If you are going to take the bus on your way, your scooter will comfortably ride in with you.
Battery: 12V/12ah lead-acid batteries providing a total 48-Volt power
Front and Rear disc brakes
1600W brushless motor
- The UberScoot is a foldable travel machine. It measures about 21” when folded, increasing portability either by vehicle or when carrying it around.
- It charges relatively quickly, taking just 6-8 hours to fully charge.
- The 11” knobby pneumatic tires enhance road-handling and satisfactory performance on a rough surface.
- A stylish steel frame that is nicely fabricated for durability. All components such as the deck, the mudguard, and even the handlebars work harmoniously for an exceptional look.
- Bright LED battery level indicator to remind you just how long the remaining charge will take you.
- Detachable seat. You can shift between sitting and standing along your journey to enhance comfort.
- Short mile range on a single charge
- Lacks modern features such as Bluetooth connection and charging options
- Considerably heavy at 117 lbs.
The UberScoot makes a good ride for practical scooter riders who just want to get from point A to B. It is built for practicality rather than bravado. It is also powerful and effective for challenging terrains, with the wheels holding good grip with the surface throughout the ride. Young riders as well as adult commuters will find it not just easy to ride, but also a fun companion to have on your journey.
8) Super 36v Turbo 1000-Elite Electric Scooter
The Turbo 1000 Elite picks up admirable traits from its predecessor, the remarkable Super Turbo 800–Elite. As the name suggests, the new model has more power, speed, and ultimately better performance.
The Super Turbo is a heavy-duty machine able to carry up to 250 lbs of load. Heavy riders will thus find it friendly and responsive. The 1000W motor is built to make up to 26mph.
Why is it a 36v machine?
This scooter has 3 batteries. The voltage capacity of each is 12v 12a, making a total of 36v. Fully charged, this power will drive you for 18 miles. The deep cell batteries are also made to last and last longer than most available market equivalents.
Makers of this scooter, Super Cycles and Scooters LLC, classified the Super Turbo 1000 W as the ‘world’s fastest production compact electric scooter’. This was because it can hit a maximum speed of 32mph. However, other electric scooters have emerged, like the Nanrobot LS7, that can hit speeds of 50 mph and above.
What makes this scooter unique is that it uses LifePo4 batteries. These are built on modern technology, with an aim to edge out the conventional SLA batteries. The LifePo4 battery gives the Super Turbo scooter an extended driving mile of 23 miles per charge. The battery alone could cost you up to $500 dollars, perhaps serving as a hint to its top rating. It claims to last four times longer than the SLA batteries, and charges faster, taking only 4 hours to fully charge.
One front suspension and two rear suspensions.
Improved LED headlight
Stainless steel screws and nuts
Key start ignition
- Made to last: The chassis of the Super Turbo Elite 1000w is built from high tensile strength steel. It is reliable for both smooth surfaces and off-road rides.
- Both wheels are fitted with disc brakes for safe, slow and smooth stops
- The mega wheels 11-inch wheel have a deep tread and are designed to handle the road smoothly and even respond well to quick braking.
- The battery is equipped with modern technology for efficiency and more power.
- Two driving modes(Turbo and Econo) allows quick selection of maximum speed
- Offered in two gear ratio options. You can choose between a powerful machine and a speedier one.
- Guaranteed performance
- Costly: In a flooded market with lots of options, this scooter would be the last option for many users
- Discouraged for inexperienced riders
- Heavy to carry around
- Lacks smart technology facilities tools
The Super Turbo 1000W Elite Electric Scooter is one of the best among premium quality scooters. It has many impressive features, especially the battery option that gives riders a better user experience. Due to its high power, it needs precaution when riding and preferably advanced experience in handling scooters on the road.
Big wheel electric scooters carry more weight and are built for riding through rough terrain. There has been a rise in their popularity, and it is likely to continue in the future as businesses add new technology and features.